A resume workshop for corporations, associations and professional organizations – really? Why
It is simple. Leadership starts at the top and companies that want to attract the best and brightest talent when in growth mode understand the value of keeping their existing workforce vibrant, and the value of their reputation as “a company that cared” when it is time to downsize.
This is an interactive 4 hour workshop steering participants through the art of professional resume writing, simplifying and addressing latest trends in resume screening, recruitment and selection. Included in each workshop is a comprehensive workbook customized to your corporations’ needs. Click here for a sneak peek at the table of contents.
Participants will dissect their existing resume, uncover weaknesses and commence writing a new keyword rich and accomplishment-driven resume to match the automated process and land on the desk of hiring managers.
Who should attend?
Corporations undergoing significant restructuring, mergers and acquisitions or pending closure need to provide their staff with the tools to fortify their position within the company and / or on the job market to strengthen their employee’s competitive edge.
Organizations seeking to enhance the skill set of the leadership team through a thought provoking self-discovery of attributes and achievements.
Associations wanting to provide their membership with the latest techniques on resume writing and digital recruitment strategies to position the members for career advancement.
“In preparation of a merger between two multibillion-dollar companies, Martin was brought in to lead a workshop with some of our leadership team in order to prepare our resumes and social profiles for the merger process. Martin brought a wealth of experience and provided valuable insight that was supported by current facts and figures from multiple job markets. The content was delivered with a level of honesty, conciseness and humour that was refreshing and greatly appreciated by all. Using Martin’s feedback, I was able to take my resume and social profiles to the next level, in preparation for whatever comes next.”
“Elevated, was how I felt at the end of Martin’s overview…I finished the session with the tools necessary to create a winning resume.”
In this seminar you will learn the simple but effective answers to the following questions:
- Is your resume a Ditcher or a Winner?
- What are the cardinal sins of resume writing?
- How outdated is the “Objective” statement? (HINT: older than Y2K!)
- Have you heard about Applicant Tracking Software (also known as ATS)?
- Will your resume pass or fail the scanning process as it is currently written? (HINT: over 95% of resumes written without professional guidance FAIL the scanning process.)
- Do you know how to entice the human eyes as well as ATS machinery to pertinent information?
- Can you define the keywords pertinent to your industry?
- Do you know how to optimize your resume using keywords?
- Can you list over 20 action verbs that could be used in writing your resume? (HINT: Check out the free downloadable 201 Resume Action Verbs from www.aneliteresume.com).
- Do you know how to write accomplishment stories using the acronym STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result)?
- How do I customize the one resume to each job without completely rewriting the whole document?