Here are 5 fast tips on how to become visible to Executive Recruiters when you are searching for that next step on your career ladder!
- Keep your profiles current. Ensure that every social media platform has your current contact information and career information. If Executive Recruiters can’t find you to talk to you, you’ll never know they’re searching!
- Become active and professional on social media. Begin to offer fresh and professional content on LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms to become more visible. Offer something of value such as a solution to a common industry issue or a link to industry news.
- Attend and present at events. Local networking events are often sponsored by recruiters and local companies in your industry. Offer to present or speak at these events and Executive Recruiters will begin seeing your name as an industry expert.
- Never let an Executive Recruiter go away empty-handed. If you’re approached by an Executive Recruiter about a job that doesn’t suit your skills, or at a time when you aren’t seeking a new job, offer something of value. Make a referral, let them know about a rumour of layoffs, or introduce them to a possible candidate in person. Becoming known as someone who is always worth contacting ensures that Executive Recruiters don’t lose interest in you while you’re unavailable.
- Activate your network. Make sure your industry contacts know you’re looking for a new position. Ask them to actively refer you to Executive Recruiters. As in number 4, your network contacts are also looking for ways to be useful to hiring influencers…give them the chance to make a great referral and boost their own visibility to Executive Recruiters at the same time!